“I am a businessman that has never run for or sought political office.
As your new mayor, my obligation is to you the citizens of Lake Ozark.”
The Newberry Administration will work hard to accomplish these objectives:
- Repair Crumbling Infrastructure such as our Roads, seek state and federal resources for funding opportunities
- Remove Unsightly Trash Dumpsters from Strip by Reorganizing Sanitary Services
- Implement Green initiatives such as recycling of glass in the business community
- Create More Parking along the Bagnell Dam Strip Corridor
- Aggressively Promote Economic Development targeting key amenities such as a new Hotel
- Independently audit City Budget for misspending and unnecessary expenses
- Evaluate each city Department’s Proficiency, create psychological safety within each department, “defined as “Trust that I can be honest, admit a mistake, or share an idea without experiencing retaliation, being shut down or ridiculed, or being embarrassed by someone. People that can trust one another get more accomplished.
- Create Public Spaces such as a Public Park
- Promote Tourism the lifeblood of our cities revenue
- Assist our public and private schools to maintain a safe learning environment
- Promote affordable and workforce housing
- Market Lake Ozark’s underdeveloped areas to regional and national investment groups
- Responsibly Direct Covid funds to the most needed areas within the city
- Create a culture of response-ability within our city staff. Take initiative we work for our citizens, they are our employer.
- Complete agreements to EPA for previous Violations of raw sewage discharge so the city is eligible for Federal funding